Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Thing About Appointments

Hi all! So today has been proven to be totally unproductive so far. I had a training session scheduled for 6:00am this morning and the client texted me to reschedule last night for tomorrow morning instead. No big deal. I'm glad she got ahold of me instead of just not showing up. Since I just got my kids are back from their Euro trip (picked them up last night), I was happy to be able to sleep in a little before getting up this morning to drive to Half Moon Bay for a 7:00am consult behind a super slow truck who wouldn't pull over to let the cars behind pass. Bummer. But I made it here. At 6:56 no later. I'm sitting up at the front desk of the gym and the clock is ticking...6:59, 7:00, 7:01, 7:02...hmmm. I messaged my 7:00 consult with my phone number the other day so she would have it just in case. 7:03. Sure enough she had left me a message. On FACEBOOK! At 12:00am! I don't know about you, but I normally don't check my Facebook account first thing in the morning. Or my e-mail for that matter. Is is me or does it not make sense that if something is time-sensitive that you should probably call or at least text the person to let them know you can't make it to the meeting you have scheduled in 7 hours. So I'm sitting here at the gym, in the office, writing this blog post instead. My next session should be in at 8:30am. We'll see how that goes.

#whydopeoplecancellastminute #itscalledaccountability

No comments:

Post a Comment